ARE YOU READY FOR OSHEAGA 2018?!
The time has come to welcome the biggest festival of its kind in Canada, The OSHEAGA music and arts festival. Every year more then 100 000 music lovers gather to experience this one of a kind weekend. Considering the caliber of talent OSHEAGA welcomes every year, the weekend pass would have been your best bet but they are sold out. Daily passes are also available for 115$. This year's line up is quite diversified and fun because not only you have big names like Florence & the Machine, Anderson Paak, you get to discover other talents that are not as mainstream but still talented! Get ready for a great weekend! I already have a list of artists I want to see: Anderson Paak., Milk & Bone, DVSN, Chronixx, Rapsody, De la Soul, Travis Scott, James Blake....to name a few.
My first experience was pretty intense because I did not understand what it meant to be around 120 000 people, I felt lost at times. This year I promised myself that I would come prepared. Here are my 5 tips to make sure you have the best time:
1. I know it's about rocking the best outfit but make sure you are comfortable because there is a lot of walking involved. There are a few stages on site so you'll need to walk back and forth to see the next act. Think about sneakers you don't care too much about or combat boots. If it rains, the mud is real!
2. Remember to charge your external charger and bring it because you will need to be ready for the magical moments. Plus the extra stuff like a battery for your cam etc. You will probably share your stories later on because the network is slow sometimes. Have an idea of what you want to capture and don't overdo it with your stories. Your followers get it: you're in Osheaga and you're loving it. ha!
3. Please pack light because (I repeat) there are 120 000 people on site and going thru a crowd with a backpack is a bad idea.
4. For food and beverages, the line up is crazyyyy so make sure you eat before you get there. It will make the waiting time less painful. Also, bring cash on site because ain't nobody got time for your debit or credit card.
5. Wear sunscreen and smile! I dont get people that make it a point to arrive at the festival and get impatient with the crowd. You will get pushed and stomped on....its part of the process. Enjoy the moment!!!!
Hope this helps! See you on site ;)